CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

We Need Your Help

Hey everyone! We have some new information on a possible seizure alert dog for Holden. This dog would allow him to be more independent and give us more peace of mind. This specially trained dog would alert us when Holden is about to have a seizure/when he has a seizure. One of the biggest issues we face at this point is that he has no sense of normalcy with bedtime. He still has to sleep with me or Todd so we can hear or hopefully feel him having a seizure so we can respond to it. The bad thing about that is that we may not always be reliable. We could possibly not hear him or feel him during the night. This is one of my biggest fears. This dog would be able to bark and wake us up to check on Holden and he could begin to be a normal kid. It would go anywhere he went and would essentially be part of him. The problem is the dog costs $3,000.00. Does anyone have any good fundraising ideas to assist us with this cost? We would really appreciate any input. Thanks guys.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I love your new background. It is so Valentineish...I don't think that is a word. I will be thinking about the fundraiser thing. I think that dog would just be wonderful! Does insurance not cover anything like that?

Heather Robinette said...

Funny that I am reading your post today, because I saw an article in the newspaper just this week about seizure dogs and thought of you. I would love to help you with fundraising. I'll be thinking. If you come up with anything, please call and I'll help. You may not be a fan of these things, but roadblocks work really well. I'd be willing to help you with it. What would you think of asking your church to help also?

livinwiththaboyz said...

Hey Megan! Cute pictures! I might have some pretty good ideas for fundraising for Holden. I will send you an email. Love the blog!

The Raymonds said...

Thats pretty awesome...a dog! No doubt Holden would love that too! I found your blog in a round about way...I have one for the boys too. I need your email address! Mine is Mandy417@comcast.net

Glad I found you!

Mandy Raymond

Heather Robinette said...

Hey Megan! I haven't given up on your blog and still check it regularly! I would love to see a pic of Holden with his dog. Nikki says things are working out great. You all ought to come to some of Hayden's ballgames. He and Colton are going to be playing on a traveling team together starting in a week or so. Take care.